100 years on...We shall never forget..!
World War 1
S.S Kildonan Castle
SS.Kildonan Castle was built by the Fairfield Ship Building company and Launched on the 22nd of August 1899.
Her first duty was as a troop transporter for the Boer War.
During the early years S.S Kildonan carried over 20,000 troups from 1899 to May 1901.
SS.Kildonan was used in the early part of the First World War from October 1915 to 10th March 1916 as a Hospital Ship and later used as a armed merchant cruiser.
During the later part of the First World War SS.Kildonian was used as a Merchant Cruiser before returning to the Castle line on 31st December 1921.
SS.Kildonan was used as a mail ship for the later stages of her life before becoming a reserve ship.
SS.Kildonan was finally broken up on May 18th 1930 at Stavanger.
Any funds raised from this website will go to a War related Charity.